• 6 egg yolks
• 3/4 cup white sugar
• 2/3 cup milk
• 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 pound mascarpone cheese
• 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee, room temperature
• 2 tablespoons rum
• 2 (3 ounce) packages ladyfinger cookies
• 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1. In a medium saucepan, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until well
blended. Whisk in milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly,
until mixture boils. Boil gently for 1 minute, remove from heat and
allow to cool slightly. Cover tightly and chill in refrigerator 1
2. In a medium bowl, beat cream with vanilla until stiff peaks form.
Whisk mascarpone into yolk mixture until smooth.
3. In a small bowl, combine coffee and rum. Split ladyfingers in half
lengthwise and drizzle with coffee mixture.
4. Arrange half of soaked ladyfingers in bottom of a 7x11 inch dish.
Spread half of mascarpone mixture over ladyfingers, then half of
whipped cream over that. Repeat layers and sprinkle with cocoa. Cover
and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours, until set.
Really good, and easy recipe - make the night before to let it set.